Location: Wilmington, Delaware
- All Family Court Matters
- Alimony and Spousal Support
- Child Support
- Custody and Visitation
- Divorce and property division
- Dependency and Neglect
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Juvenile Law
- Hague Convention
- Protection from Abuse (PFA)/ Domestic Violence
- Delaware, June 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Delaware, 2005
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2008
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. cum laude – 2004
- Law Journal: Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, 2002 – 2004
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware
- B.A. – 1997
- Major: English
- Division I Men’s Soccer, Letterman Award
- Delaware State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Kent County Bar Association
- Sussex County Bar Association
- Melson-Arscht Inns of Court
- Hon. Jan R. Jurden, Law Clerk, 2004 – 2005
- Volunteer Attorney, Legal Self-Help Center
- Volunteer, Guardian ad Litem for Children
- Volunteer Attorney for victims of domestic violence
- Castillo vs. Castillo : Petitioner Diana Terreros Castillo (“petitioner”) filed this petition against respondent Faber Castillo (“respondent”) on July 29, 2008, seeking the return of her minor child (“child”) pursuant to the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (“the Convention”).1 (D.I. 1) Petitioner, a resident of Colombia, alleges that respondent has wrongfully retained child in Delaware in violation of petitioner’s custody rights. ( Id.)
- Drumgo v. State
- Harmon v. Harmon : Husband appealed from decision of the Family Court, Kent County, ordering the division of the marital estate.
Drew Gonser has experience in all civil and criminal Family Court matters. He has been practicing almost exclusively in Family Court since 2005.
Drew also serves as a volunteer attorney at the Self – Help center in the Family Court, volunteers to represent children in dependency and neglect proceedings and volunteers to help victims of abuse in protection from abuse proceedings through the Victim’s Advocacy Program and through Delaware Volunteer Legal Services. Drew is a frequent speaker at divorce seminars on such topics as Custody, Protection from Abuse, Spousal/Child Support and Ethics. Drew is a member of the New Castle County Family Law Section, the Kent County Bar Association and the Sussex County Bar Association.
Having moved to Delaware when he was seven from Little Rock, AR, Drew spent most of his life in Delaware. Although, as a teen his family moved to Tokyo, Japan due to his dad’s (Bill) work with DuPont. Drew graduated from high school at the American School in Japan. Currently, he spends time with his family in Wilmington and also in Lewes, DE, where his family has deep roots.
Drew was named to a Top Attorney in Delaware by Delaware Today Magazine in 2012. He was also voted as a Top Attorney in Delaware by Philadelphia Magazine in 2013 and named to the Delaware Super Lawyer lists in 2013.